- This event has passed.
High Acres Nature Area Field Trip – Registration Opens April 9, 2022
April 16 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Over 130 bird species have been observed at HANA including more than 70 that nest in the diverse habitats found there. During this field trip we expect to see at least 40 species returning to nest or on their way to northern nesting grounds. Our approximately 2 mile walk over mostly flat trails will explore about 250 acres at HANA and include some wet spots requiring ankle-high waterproof shoes or boots. No restrooms available.
Meet at 8:00 a.m. at the parking lot on Perinton Parkway approximately 1/4 mile east of the Waste Management offices.
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
The Rochester Birding Association has instituted the following procedures for all field trips for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. By registering for a field trip, you acknowledge that you have read and will abide by these policies.
- Advance registration through Eventbrite is required in order to attend the trip. NYS guidelines for the allowable number of attendees at an outdoor gathering have eased considerably, but out of an abundance of caution, we will continue capacity limits that will be determined on a trip-by-trip basis.
- Individuals who did not pre-register will not be allowed to attend the field trip.
- Should you decide not to attend the trip, we encourage you to cancel your reservation before 1:00 PM the day before the trip to make room for others. Canceling is easily done through the Eventbrite website; see your confirmation email for details.
Health Screening Considerations:
- Full contact information is required at registration in case contact tracing is requested.
- No one who has a temperature of 100.4F or greater (without having taken any fever-reducing medications) should attend.
- No one who has anyCOVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell) should attend.
- No one who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or who has been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine should attend.
- No one who has been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same closed environment, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, should attend.
- No one who has traveled or who lives with someone who has traveled to a country or state on the New York coronavirus travel advisory list in the last 14 days should attend.
- Participants who test positive for the coronavirus within 14 days after attending a field trip are encouraged to contact the RBA.
Social Distancing and Safety Best Practices
- Mask wearing is required for participants who are not fully vaccinated; it is optional, but encouraged for those fully vaccinated.
- We will continue to encourage social distancing whether or not a mask is worn.
- As long as participants continue to socially-distance, we will allow scope sharing.
- Participants are encouraged to keep hand sanitizer with them in case of accidental contact.
Waive and Release from Liability: By registering for this field trip you acknowledge that you assume all risks and hazards incidental to the activities of the event, including potential exposure to the novel coronavirus. You further release, absolve, hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Rochester Birding Association, Inc. and all individually named organizers, leaders, and participants of the event. In case of injury, you hereby waive all claims against all organizers, leaders, and participants.
Photo/Video Waiver: If you do not consent to have your image used by the RBA in the manner next described, check the appropriate box on the registration form. Otherwise, by registering for this field trip you hereby grant permission to the Rochester Birding Association to take and publish photos or videos of you in connection with the event listed above, with or without your name and for any lawful purpose including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.