This trip is open to young birders ages 8 to 18 accompanied by a parent.
This trip has generated large species lists due to the many habitat types we will travel through. We will start from the parking lot to the longhouse and walk wide mown or packed dirt trails through the Meadowlark field and then head down through woods, shrub land, and wetland to an overlook in grassland. The round trip is 1.5 miles and includes some hills.
After we reach the overlook, those who wish can continue for another 2 miles on the narrower Seneca Trail through field and woods, across County Route 41, and along a wooded stream valley to the Bobolink field.
Restroom facilities are available at the museum center at end of trip.
Meet at 10:00 a.m. in the main parking lot off County Road 41 Boughton Hill Road. The parking lot is situated below the new museum at 7000 County Road 41, Victor, NY 14564. (From Route 444 from Victor, turn right onto Boughton Hill Road and go down the hill. The main parking lot will be on your right at the bottom of the hill.
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
The Rochester Birding Association has instituted the following procedures for all field trips for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. By registering for a field trip, you acknowledge that you have read and will abide by these policies.
- Advance registration through Eventbrite is required in order to attend the trip. NYS guidelines for the allowable number of attendees at an outdoor gathering have eased considerably, but out of an abundance of caution, we will continue capacity limits that will be determined on a trip-by-trip basis.
- Individuals who did not pre-register will not be allowed to attend the field trip.
- Should you decide not to attend the trip, we encourage you to cancel your reservation before 1:00 PM the day before the trip to make room for others. Canceling is easily done through the Eventbrite website; see your confirmation email for details.
Health Screening Considerations:
- Full contact information is required at registration in case contact tracing is requested.
- No one who has a temperature of 100.4F or greater (without having taken any fever-reducing medications) should attend.
- No one who has any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell) should attend.
- No one who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or who has been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine should attend.
- No one who has been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same closed environment, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, should attend.
- No one who has traveled or who lives with someone who has traveled to a country or state on the New York coronavirus travel advisory list in the last 14 days should attend.
- Participants who test positive for the coronavirus within 14 days after attending a field trip are encouraged to contact the RBA.
Social Distancing and Safety Best Practices
- Mask wearing is required for participants who are not fully vaccinated; it is optional, but encouraged for those fully vaccinated.
- We will continue to encourage social distancing whether or not a mask is worn.
- As long as participants continue to socially-distance, we will allow scope sharing.
- Participants are encouraged to keep hand sanitizer with them in case of accidental contact.
Waive and Release from Liability: By registering for this field trip you acknowledge that you assume all risks and hazards incidental to the activities of the event, including potential exposure to the novel coronavirus. You further release, absolve, hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Rochester Birding Association, Inc. and all individually named organizers, leaders, and participants of the event. In case of injury, you hereby waive all claims against all organizers, leaders, and participants.
Photo/Video Waiver: If you do not consent to have your image used by the RBA in the manner next described, check the appropriate box on the registration form. Otherwise, by registering for this field trip you hereby grant permission to the Rochester Birding Association to take and publish photos or videos of you in connection with the event listed above, with or without your name and for any lawful purpose including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.