Dear RBA members:
With the continuing high rates of COVID-19 in Monroe County and the surrounding area, the Board of Directors, the Field Trip Committee, and the field trip leaders will be making decisions on our upcoming field trips on a monthly basis. The decision to cancel a field trip or to curtail attendance are not made lightly, but rather reflect the NYS guidelines at the time of the trip and also an abundance of caution for our trip leaders and attendees.
Currently, we have given the green light to trips through February 14th, under NYS Orange Zone guidelines: a total of ten people (including leaders) per trip. We will decide on the three March trips by February 9. We are all hopeful!
Please check the individual RBA field trips for the most up to date information. Please remember that all trips require pre-registration through Eventbrite; –registration through Facebook is not sufficient. A link to the registration page is included in the description of each field trip; registration opens seven days prior to a trip and you can set a reminder using Eventbrite.
For reference, here is the complete list of our COVID-19 field trip guidelines:
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, the Rochester Birding Association is instituting the following procedures for all field trips. By registering for a field trip, you acknowledge that you have read and will abide by these policies.
- Advance registration is required in order to attend the trip. NYS guidelines currently allow no more than 25 individuals at an outdoor gathering. All trips will be capped to meet that requirement, and exact capacity limits will be determined on a trip by trip basis.
- Individuals who did not pre-register will not be allowed to attend the field trip.
- Should you decide not to attend the trip, we encourage you to cancel your reservation to make room for others. Canceling is easily done through the Eventbrite website; see your confirmation email for details.
Health Screening Considerations:
- Full contact information is required at registration, in case contact tracing is requested.
- No one who has a temperature of 100.4F or greater (without having taken any fever-reducing medications) should attend.
- No one who has any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell) should attend.
- No one who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or who has been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine should attend.
- No one who has been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same closed environment, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, should attend.
- No one who has traveled or who lives with someone who has traveled to a country or state on the New York coronavirus travel advisory list in the last 14 days should attend.
- Participants who test positive for the coronavirus within 14 days after attending a field trip are encouraged to contact the RBA.
Social Distancing and Safety Best Practices
- Participants will be required to stay 6 feet apart at all times and wear a mask whenever they are outside of their car.
- Participants that reside in the same household may share binoculars or scopes, but we regret that otherwise optics cannot be shared. We realize this may be frustrating for those who do not have their own spotting scopes. To the extent possible, we will choose birding locations that do not require advanced optics.
- Participants are encouraged to keep hand sanitizer with them in case of accidental contact.
Waive and Release from Liability: By registering for a field trip you acknowledge that you assume all risks and hazards incidental to the activities of the event, including potential exposure to the novel coronavirus. You further release, absolve, hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Rochester Birding Association, Inc. and all individually named organizers, leaders, and participants of the event. In case of injury, you hereby waive all claims against all organizers, leaders, and participants.
Photo/Video Waiver: If you do not consent to have your image used by the RBA in the manner next described, write “no photo” after your name on the registration form. Otherwise, by registering for a field trip you hereby grant permission to the Rochester Birding Association to take and publish photos or videos of you in connection with the event, with or without your name and for any lawful purpose including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.