As of August 4, 2022
Greetings RBA members,
Although COVID-19 is still present in our community, it has lessened considerably. To reflect this, below are our updated field trip guidelines going forward. We look forward to seeing you on one of our many trips!
~ The Field Trip Committee
RBA Guidelines for Field Trips
In order to protect the health of our birders and the wider community, and in order to ensure compliance with any NYS COVID-19 mandates that might be in effect, the following policies and guidelines will govern our field trips for the foreseeable future.
- The RBA will continue with advance registration through Eventbrite for all field trips.
- Registration opens at 7:30 p.m. seven days before the trip date.
- Generally, capacity limits have been greatly expanded but will be determined on a trip-by-trip basis with input from leaders (or if there are NYS mandates).
- By registering for a field trip, participants acknowledge that they have read and will abide by RBA policies.
- If participants are not be able to attend, we encourage them to cancel their reservation before 1:00 p.m. the day before the trip to make room for others. (Canceling is done through the participant’s Eventbrite confirmation email.)
Health Screening Considerations:
- Full contact information is required at registration, in case contact tracing is requested.
- No one who has any COVID-19 symptoms (or Flu or cold, for that matter!) should attend. Symptoms: cough, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, runny nose, fever of 100.4 F or greater without fever-reducing medications, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or loss of taste or smell.
- No one who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days or who has been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine should attend. [The current (August 2022) CDC protocol, for COVID-19 is a minimum of 5 days isolation ended only if there is no fever, without medication, on day 6 or after 24 more hours without a fever. After that, one is to wear a mask for another 5 days when outside the home.]
- No one unwilling to wear a mask who has been in close contact (within 6 feet) with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 10 days, should attend.
- Participants who test positive for the coronavirus within 14 days after attending a field trip are encouraged to contact the RBA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety Best Practices:
If participants have met the above requirements:
- Mask wearing is optional.
- Scope use/sharing is allowed.
- Participants are still encouraged to keep hand sanitizer with them.