You can download a complete list of our 2021 field trips by clicking the link below. This trip list has been updated as of November 23, 2020 and was added to the site on November 29, 2020. Please remember that for the most accurate, up-to-date information regarding an upcoming field trip, always check Field Trips or our Facebook Events page as the COVID-19 pandemic often necessitates cancellations or changes. Please carefully read all our COVID-19 policies below, and in particular note that for the foreseeable future, pre-registration is required for all field trips.
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Due to the novel coronavirus pandemic, the Rochester Birding Association is instituting the following procedures for all field trips. By registering for a field trip, you acknowledge that you have read and will abide by these policies.
- Advance registration is required in order to attend the trip. NYS guidelines often change, and the RBA will operate a trip according to the most restrictive zone criteria active in the local area at the time of the trip. All trips will be capped to meet local maximums, and exact capacity limits will be determined on a trip by trip basis.
- All pre-registration is done through Eventbrite. See the field trip listing for a link. Registration through facebook is not sufficient to attend a trip.
- Individuals who did not pre-register will not be allowed to attend the field trip.
- Should you decide not to attend the trip, we encourage you to cancel your reservation to make room for others. Canceling is easily done through the Eventbrite website; see your confirmation email for details.
Health Screening Considerations:
- Full contact information is required at registration, in case contact tracing is requested.
- No one who has a temperature of 100.4F or greater (without having taken any fever-reducing medications) should attend.
- No one who has any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell) should attend.
- No one who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days or who has been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine should attend.
- No one who has been in close (within 6 feet) or proximate (same closed environment, but greater than 6 feet) contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, should attend.
- No one who has traveled or who lives with someone who has traveled to a country or state on the New York coronavirus travel advisory list in the last 14 days should attend.
- Participants who test positive for the coronavirus within 14 days after attending a field trip are encouraged to contact the RBA.
Social Distancing and Safety Best Practices
- Participants will be required to stay 6 feet apart at all times and wear a mask whenever they are outside of their car.
- Participants that reside in the same household may share binoculars or scopes, but we regret that otherwise optics cannot be shared. We realize this may be frustrating for those who do not have their own spotting scopes. To the extent possible, we will choose birding locations that do not require advanced optics.
- Participants are encouraged to keep hand sanitizer with them in case of accidental contact.
Having received a vaccine does not exempt anyone from following these policies.
Waive and Release from Liability: By registering for a field trip you acknowledge that you assume all risks and hazards incidental to the activities of the event, including potential exposure to the novel coronavirus. You further release, absolve, hold harmless, defend and indemnify the Rochester Birding Association, Inc. and all individually named organizers, leaders, and participants of the event. In case of injury, you hereby waive all claims against all organizers, leaders, and participants.
Photo/Video Waiver: If you do not consent to have your image used by the RBA in the manner next described, write “no photo” after your name on the registration form. Otherwise, by registering for a field trip you hereby grant permission to the Rochester Birding Association to take and publish photos or videos of you in connection with the event, with or without your name and for any lawful purpose including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.