As an organization, the RBA strives to support birds and birders in the greater Rochester and the Genesee Valley region of New York. We promote birding and conservation, educate people about birds, produce this website and a newsletter, collect and share bird data, hold monthly meetings with fantastic speakers, organize 50+ field trips per year – including beginner field trips, and much more.
Each of these activities requires the work and dedication of passionate people who care about birds by supporting the RBA with their time and effort. Meet our Committee Chairs, below.
- 30 Days Gallery – Dick Horsey
- Bird Records – vacant
- Circulation – Sheryl Gracewski
- Communications – Liz Magnanti
- Conservation – Amy Kahn
- Editor, Little Gull – Leah Mould
- Field Trips – Jeanne Verhulst
- Membership Database – Jo Taylor
- Merchandise – vacant
- Nominating – Dominic Sherony (chair for 2021)
- Outreach – Adrianna Anderson and Kevin Farrell
- Program – Jules Wagner
- Social Events – Wanda Thistle
- Website – Chad Lewine and Shelley Patterson
- Young Birders – vacant
Please let us know if you can dedicate just one or even several hours sometime throughout this coming year to help out our committees. Many hands make light work and we could really use the help! Please inquire if you’re interested!
- We are seeking data-loving helpers for RBA Bird Records Committee. If you have Excel skills and a curious mind about birds you could be a great help.
- We need membership outreach and web helpers!
- We always welcome guest writers for our blog and newsletter.
- We hold events from time to time and could use helpers for set up/take down, food, etc.
CURRENT OPEN COMMITTEE CHAIRS (updated January 17, 2021)
We seek to fill the following vacancies:
- Bird Records
- Merchandise Committee Chair
- Nominating Committee Chair
- Young Birders
This Nominating Committee Chair is selected by the board each year, no later than September. Duties include heading a committee whose sole purpose is to find RBA members willing to fill upcoming vacancies on the Board of Directors. Filling these vacancies will ensure RBA activities will continue, and that responsibilities to our members will be fulfilled. Don’t hesitate to inquire if you’re interested.